Making a book is scary. Shall I make a list of all the scaries involved here? Ok!
- Committing words to print (Once they’re out there…)
- Committing to a mastermind group to keep me honest. (What if I don’t get this done?)
- Selecting a title. (Once it’s on there…)
- Asking friends/colleagues to read it (Does it suck?)
- Paying someone to edit (Will they catch everything?)
- Paying someone to create a kickass cover (Are they the right person?)
- Deciding on cover art (This shade of red, or that shade of red?)
- Buying an ISBN number (Ok, this was kind of fun.)
- Navigating the online self-publishing process (WTF?)
I know there will be many more….but I’m only at step 9 and my eyes are wide….but I can’t stop, and I won’t stop. Anne Bonney, published author, coming soon!
SNEAK PEEK: First draft of cover art….few changes coming, but this will be the basic gist.
(Scary #10. Sharing this draft on my blog!)
STAY TUNED for more details on how to get your copy of GET OVER IT; 47 Tips for Embracing the Discomfort of Change.